Monday, August 1, 2011

Chi Chi Chi, Le Le Le, Viva Chile

After all the planning we are ready to begin filming “Breaking Trail.” Up North, summer is in full swing, but in Chile, winter is hitting its stride. It’s time for Zach and I to trade in our sandals for ski boots.

Today I fly down to Chile. The last week has been hectic with last minute preparations and planning. For days we’ve pored over gear lists making sure we have everything we need and nothing we don’t. From ski gear, to camera gear, to sleeping bags and passports – we’ve got it all (we hope). As is familiar to everyone who’s done a lot of traveling, there is an incredible art to getting it all to fit.


I arrive tomorrow morning in Santiago, and hit the ground running. After I touch down I will somehow negotiate myself and my small army of gear all the way to Los Andes - and finally to San Esteban. With good luck, by the 3rd I’ll be up at El Arpa. The next week and a half is dedicated to getting gear in order, working out logistics, and beginning to shoot. Zach will join me in a week and a half's time and then we commence principal filming, i.e. game on!

Personally, I’m excited to get back to Chile. My last time in Chile was two years ago, but I was there during the austral Spring for mountaineering season – this will be my first time in Chile in winter. I’m keeping my fingers crossed for good snow, and if you happen to be in the area, give us a shout out, or better yet a high-five.


We are excited to share this story with you and look forward to your following our progress online. Thank you everyone for supporting our project and special thanks to High Society for their support and their awesome gear. We couldn’t do it without you!

-O.

No comments:

Post a Comment